Performance issues

Hi Happy Hedonist,

I'm going to look to see if we can release a new DEMO along with the up coming v.104 patch that resolves this issue, but in the meantime if you try the Global GOLD DEMO, it includes all the fixes we could think of to resolve the issue.

For example, you can disable the display of map text entirely and this seems to resolve the problem for those systems that are running into performance issues.

If you can confirm with the GOLD DEMO found here then you should not have an issue with WWI either:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1956&Itemid=318

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

My system:

Windows XP

Pentium IV 3 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology

2.75 GB of RAM

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1024 MB

Kaspersky Internet Security

My system exceeds the minimum requirements I guess.

In a direct comparison I now see that the demo of Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict runs smoother and faster (scrolling, selection of units...) then my Strategic Command WWI The Great War 1914 - 1918 (v1.04).

For the scrolling issue I would not say sluggish - I would rather describe it with the word "stutter".

Also the AI is faster in the demo for Global Conflict Gold! :confused:

How can that be?

That's the way it should work?

I'm confused, puzzled, annoyed. :confused::mad:

I don't know now if I will purchase Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Gold in the future - but I know that I currently want to play my WWI The Great War properly! :(