Still need CD in drive to play?

I fired up CM:BB and CM:AK over the weekend for giggles, and I thought that I remembered that you didnt need the CD's in the drive after the first install. But its asking for the CD to be in the drive each time I want to play.

Ugh. Is there a way around this? I am 1/2 tempted to just buy them again downloaded so I dont have to mess with taking CD's in and out.

I have the original disks from BFC (ha, BTS back then!).

Thanks

Chad

If you have a disc and it asks you for the CD to be in drive, then you have purchased before we started digital delivery (or very shortly after). We made new discs that are using the eLicense system and do not require the CD in drive some time after launching digital delivery. So yes, right now when you buy the game (download or mail, doesn't matter, you get the same thing), you do not need the CD in drive in order to play. But if you own a CD that was produced before then, well, then this doesn't automatically change out of the blue ;)

Martin

If you have a disc and it asks you for the CD to be in drive, then you have purchased before we started digital delivery (or very shortly after). We made new discs that are using the eLicense system and do not require the CD in drive some time after launching digital delivery. So yes, right now when you buy the game (download or mail, doesn't matter, you get the same thing), you do not need the CD in drive in order to play. But if you own a CD that was produced before then, well, then this doesn't automatically change out of the blue ;)

Martin

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply Moon. Seems like just yesterday we were all waiting for those CM:BB and CM:BO disks to show up in the mail.

Downloading CM:BN was so much eaiser than stalking the postman :D