AI switching sides in QB

umlaut

I've just encountered a rather peculiar problem regarding QBs: Recently, I decided I wanted to use the map of my own scenario, called "Two Bridges" in an axis attack/allies defend QB against the AI.

The map is divided down the centre by a river running north-south. Axis is set to attack from the west across the bridges towards the allies who are defending the village on the eastern bank.

The first problem I discovered was that I couldnt set up axis in axis setup zones, but only in allied setup zones - and vise versa. Well, I then simply switched the setup zones - and that seemed to solve the problem.

The second problem wasnt as easy: During the first QB game I discovered that the allied defenders were in fact not defending, but attacking across the river from the east towards west (that made for a very easy victory).

I firgured that I had probably forgotten to change all of the AI plans from the original scenario that was an allied attack scenario. But everything seemed right in the editor - and I then spent at lot of time testing the QB scenario: Most of the time the allied defenders would attack, but sometimes they where content with defending.

Well, I finally discovered the reason for the problem: It wasn´t just the setup zones that had switched sides: It was the AI plans as well. I hadn´t deleted the old axis AI plans as I would be playing the axis attacker myself. But now the axis plans belonged to the allies. Once I changed the axis plans to defend as well, everything worked fine.

But I´m really curious as to how this could happen: Is this a known bug or am I the only one who has experienced this? Or have I simply made some sort of basic mistake when converting the scenario to a QB? I haven´t been able to find anything when searching the forum.