Finally arrived and won't install - HELP

Well, the game came and I happily went to install it.

Full install, directed to non-default disk (not C: drive) and start -

Immediately received error message : BMP 1000 (or whatever) does not match CAB file; the media you are installing from may be corrupted. Please contact your vendor.

Tried several times. If I choose "ignore" it keeps happening - not for every bitmap but for at least 20 before I gave up with the game 20% installed.

What's up? do I have a bad CD? Do I have to wait all over again for a replacement disc (at least I have the manual to read, even if no game to play).

Any suggestions?

Since there is no "auto-run" launcher, did you go to "My Computer" and access your CD-ROM drive? Then double-click on "Setup.exe"??

If you did and are still getting the errors, then "Oooo", you MAY HAVE received a bad CD.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

G'day Baevans,

Try this and see how you go....

Copy the CD to a filder on your hard drive. Then run the install from there instead of the CD. Might help, might not...worth a try.

If you still get the "bmp" errors, press on and go ahead and istall everything. Then download the mod file(s) from HQ, and copy the mod bmps into your bmp directory. So long as the file names are the saem, the mod will replace corrupt bmp files with good ones. Then get the CD replaced by BTS.

Good luck!

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

Guest MajorH

While waiting for your replacement CD, the procedure below might enable you to get the game up and running anyway - if there are not too many damaged files. Sometimes the Windows operating system can correctly copy a file that the installer senses as corrupted.

What you are going to do is to manually create on your hard drive the various folders that the game engine needs and then simpy drag copy the appropriate files into those folders from similarly named folders that are on the CD.

Manual installation procedure.

1. Insert the Combat Mission CD. If your computer automatically starts the Combat Mission installer then immediately cancel and exit the installer.

2. Create a folder titled 'CMBO' on your hard drive. Drag copy the file titled 'Combat Mission.exe' from the CD into the CMBO folder on your hard drive. Drag copy the file titled 'ReadMe.txt' on the CD into the CMBO folder on your hard drive.

3. Create a folder titled 'Bmp' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. Drag copy all of the files inside the CDROM folder titled 'Bmp' into the folder titled 'Bmp' on your hard drive.

4. Create a folder titled 'Mov' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. Drag copy the file inside the CD folder titled 'Mov' into the folder titled 'Mov' on your hard drive.

5. Create a folder titled 'Scenarios' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. Drag copy all of the files inside the CD folder titled 'Scenarios' into the folder titled 'Scenarios' on your hard drive.

6. Create a folder titled 'Wav' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. Drag copy all of the files inside the CD folder titled 'Wav' into the folder titled 'Wav' on your hard drive.

7. Create a folder titled 'Saved Games' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. There is nothing to copy into this folder. This folder will be empty until the game engine decides to place something inside of it.

8. Create a folder titled 'PBEM' inside the 'CMBO' folder on your hard drive. There is nothing to copy into this folder. This folder will be empty until the game engine decides to place something inside of it.

9. Leave the Combat Mission CD in your CDROM drive. Double click on the file on your hard drive titled 'Combat Mission.exe'. The game should start up and you can follow the screen instructions from here.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com