1939Campaign Editing for smaller scale & Patches

I was interested in modifying the 1939 campaign to a smaller scale, but then I thought that I might have to re-do everything come the next patch. What can be easily transferred over to a new campaign version (in 1.04) and what could be kept, if I was planning on changing unit entry scripts, unit deployments (obviously) and build prices / limits, among other things?

Or is it better just to wait for 1.04? Problem is, I have no idea when that might come out.

I feel like I have to do this after I saw how I could easily walk into Poland without fighting because the abstract "army" units can't hold any ground.

As long as the patch doesn't change unit types or how the scripts operate you should be able to start a new game of your mod under the new patch. You may want to tweak unit specs and costs again to account for any changes in how the engine evaluates movement, combat, etc.:)

No, but the point is that patches incorporate changes into existing official campaigns, at least so far, and I wouldn't want to be left without those, so the question is, what would I have to do to incorporate those. Or are there no fixes or changes like that coming to the 1939 campaign in 1.04?

If you would like it to be exactly the same as an updated campaign in a future patch then you could go through the VERSION NOTES that are included with each patch to see what has been changed in the campaigns.

We usually list these in detail but granted there might be some very non specific changes like in the AI scripts and so on.

If you really want it to be exact then you could go through each script file included with the campaigns and do a comparison using a comparison tool to see what has changed from previous campaigns to the new ones. I use a free editor for such comparisons called ConTEXT.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Thanks, Hubert! Yeah, the scripts are probably what changes, so perhaps I can import those easily - I only really need to do extra work if the unit entry scripts change, really.

I'll start after 1.04 - I can feel it in my bones, it's coming in the next few weeks, and will incorporate good changes.