Shooting moving through hedges.

Maybe its a bit buggy or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. But i need help identifying what can be done at certain hedges. What are the parameters for the hedges? A tool tip for terrain would be fantastic, if you could mouse over a hedge and it tell you its properties maybe as well as other info for types of terrain elevation etc.

Like it just seems so random as far as what you can see drive through etc. For example I set up an at gun in a low lying hedgrow and i had no line of site.. how do u place these so that u can have them camouflaged maybe blast a spot for them? But at the same time I hooked up said at gun wither a 2 ton which then proceeded to run over said hedgerow.

Then on another battle i am engaged with the enemy across the road wither bocage that's pretty tall and think on both sides. He was able to light my two squads up and mine didn't do anything but stand there unless I manually ordered them to fire. Could it be he did same thing and his units didn't break as fast as mine?

So basically I'm looking for some tips maybe screen shots of what's capable of doing what when it comes to bocage maybe I will take the screens myself later when I'm home and someone here could explain.

Ps I would really like to see some tool tips for unit and terrain info. Good idea?

Maybe its a bit buggy or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. But i need help identifying what can be done at certain hedges.

In general, the rule's pretty simple.

If you're in an Action Spot (AS) which is adjacent to a hedge, you can see and shoot through it almost as if it wasn't there. You receive the benefits of the hedge's concealment which is considerable.

If you're in the next action spot further away from the hedge, you can see through the hedge about the same distance.

If you're further away, you can only spot stuff that's adjacent to the hedge.

There are some wrinkles though.

Hedgerows that have been placed diagonally can sometimes be difficult to draw LOS through, from some angles.

Crew served weapons don't always position themselves in the best way to allow their weapon to see through the hedge/over the bank of bocage. Often, moving the team away from the hedge, then back up to the hedge, with the move being perpendicular to the hedge (and re-deploying, of course) will fix their detailed positioning so the crew-served weapon actually has LOS. Less commonly, a "Face" change will achieve similar.

Like it just seems so random as far as what you can see drive through...

It is certainly not random. It only takes a little observation to learn what is and is not possible.

...at gun in a low lying hedgrow and i had no line of site.. how do u place these so that u can have them camouflaged maybe blast a spot for them?

Blasting a spot certainly isn't the way to go. Fiddle with Face orders and you'll probably find a place they can shoot from. Move it a little left or right, onto a piece of hedge at a grid-following angle, and you'll have a better chance.

Then on another battle i am engaged with the enemy across the road wither bocage that's pretty tall and think on both sides. He was able to light my two squads up and mine didn't do anything but stand there unless I manually ordered them to fire. Could it be he did same thing and his units didn't break as fast as mine?

If they achieve suppression before your troops spot his (if his were static and yours moving, he'll see you first) it'll look like you describe.