Infantry Not Moving

Just started a new game and have given orders to move twice to same three units but they have just sat still and not taken orders.

Right at start of game...

Can anyone think of what I might be doing wrong? Other units have moved just these three sat still...

Very odd...

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

H

3rd turn they did start moving but can not for the life of me work out what went wrong...

I put the first time down to me messing up despite being pretty sure I had issued orders.

The second time I made sure and the third time I used move rather than quick and that did the trick...

Anyway interested to see if anyone else had similar issues..

"You are right, ma'am - I am drunk. However, come tomorrow I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." - Anonymous

Usually ascribed to Winston Churchill to MP Bessie Braddock

Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk."

Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.

Also may be Nancy Astor

What kind of units were they? If they were heavy weapons teams they might have been packing up their gear. Only thing that comes to my mind right now...

Nope 2 full turns and I can not disclose exact units as game in progress.

Tried quick moves 2 consecutive turns. 3 rd turn I tried just plain move and they started moving.

As this is a byte battle and a quick game losing nearly 10% of your turns is a tad annoying. I have not seen it before (I might have but put it down to me messing up orders). This time with so few units and getting a bit more used to the game I am 99% certain I issued orders for first turn and 100% certain for second...

Thanks for the response and good idea,,,

OK I think I have solved the issue as it has happened again and what I thought was clear gaps in a low bocage does not seem to want to let me through. I think what has happened is the AI has said you can not move there so no movement at all even upto the point of where they could have moved.

Poor map design in a Byte battle and this is going to bite people again and again. I now know the difference between low bocage and hedges but in this case what I thought was a gap is not.

Maybe Byte De Ville is deliberately making a whole field in accessible for the Germans to force players down a certain route? I will post a full review once battle is over as still underway.

What would be nice is for the UI to show before the minute starts that the orders are not going to happen. As mentioned in other threads if the AI could show what is possible to the player before hand that would be good. I hope it is on BTS hit list of things that bring players out of immersion...

;)