Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Download problem

I just wasted about an hour & a half downloading the CMBB demo from the 3D Gamers site listed on the demo download page. The problem is that the demo only downloads about half-way ( actually less but I can't remember exactly how much ). Then it quits; saying the download is complete. I also had some trouble getting the thing off my computer - no sense keeping something that's imcomplete & virtually useless. Just thought I'd bring this up. I'm going to try again ( maybe tomorrow - not tonight as I'd be up until dawn ) from the main server.

Although these programs can cause problems and they typically have annoying popups of ads, I'd heavily suggest using a download manager if you're not already. On a 56K/33.6K/28.8K modem it's completely frustrating to start all over again. These sort of programs can at least save you time from starting from scratch. GetRight is one such program you can use (and there are others).

I'd suggest running scandisk or some other disk checking utility to make sure there's nothing corrupt about your file system.

I don't know if the 3D Gamer's site has a bad file or something up with the file server that has that file. It's a possibility. You can also try the BFC FTP server, since most people have downloaded their copy already it shouldn't be so hammered.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using AOL ( got six month " free " with the new computer ). I was told before that I shouldn't have any problems with CMBB. Is this correct? My computer is a Dell Dimension 4500 with an Intel P 4 processor ( 2.0 GHZ ), 256 MB DDR-SDRAM, Nvidia 64 MB Graphics Card & an SB Live! sound card ( think I'm getting all this right! ). CMBO works perfectly on this one ( sounds, weather effects - got fog!!! ) as opposed to the old one - no fog, large scenarios ran slower eg. Totalize. Just checking to be sure. Thanks again.