Can I activate full game with the demo ?

outammo

I assumed I could buy a license and activate the full game with the demo. So the 60mins is up and I have bought a licence and the demo just gives me a link to battlefront store...

Surely I don't have to download the whole game again?

How do I activate the full game? I have a licence and the demo.

I'm not certain on this point myself, but I believe you will need to download the entire game. You actually only have access to the download for 365 days or 10 download attempts, whichever occurs first. You'll want to create some sort of permanent backup (recordable DVD, USB flash drive, another hard drive, etc.) since the download does expire.

I'm showing that the standard version download is a bit larger than the demo download (different checksums and all). The demo does give you the impression that it could be licensed. However there was a hotfix to the full version that addressed some licensing issues. This code may not be in the demo download.

Thanks. I only had 2gig left in this months download quota. So I will have to wait till next month to download the full game...again.

I feel like a chump for buying this full price from battlefront. Steam has it 10bucks cheaper and I wouldn't have had to down load it twice either...

I just noticed I cannot delete the demo folder with or without admin rights. I cannot take ownership of it either. I uninstalled the demo but there is still a folder with 1C knows what in it.

Irritating!

I'm not sure why you can't delete the demo folder. We don't put any particular rights to the folder when it is created. You've performed an uninstall on the TOW 3 demo, correct ? If you have, can you delete any remaining files in the folder ? Can you see hidden/system files with your view in Windows Explorer file manager ? If not, go to the 'Organize' menu in the file manager and select 'File and search options'. In here go to the 'View' tab and under the 'Hidden files and folders' section select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". UNCHECK "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)". You may also want to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

I don't know if running a 'check disk' on the drive may help at all with some of the permissions issues (command prompt, type 'chkdsk c: /f' and click 'y' for it to check on the next reboot). Do you know if your computer has an Administrator account with a password ? If so, then you may want to login with that account and see if it behaves any differently regarding file management.

If you only have 2GB left of your download quota for August, then you may want to take advantage of that, unless you're already in September in Oz... The download file is about 1.28GB in size.

Thanks for the reply. when I deleted the demo folder I got an error about unkown fonts or something like that. After a restart I tried again and it did delete fine.

I download the game off peak. after 2am I have more gb.

But I can't get it to work. Turned off virus protection, ran installer as admin, ran Korea.exe as admin and nothing happens. I can see it in processes but I waited 10mins and nothing. Tried hotfix and same result.

The helpdesk assures me the problem is not with korea but with my pc security and virus protection.

All the other games on my pc are downloaded and activated and none of them needed my pc to close it's eyes bend over and spread it's cheeks...

Why is korea so special it can't install with security enabled?

I have a fresh install of windows 7 64bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not angry but I probably would rather just have my money back.

I have all the other TOW games. I enjoyed them all and recommend them all but they all worked ...

I just turned off UAC, rebooted, added installer to exceptions in antivirus but then turned it off anyway, ran installer with admin rights. It installed and then I tried to run Korea.exe

Nothing.. It is in processes using 25%cpu and 40000kb memory. but nothing happens.

I tried running updater, options, builder, editor... all the apps in the korea folder but none of them work.

Every other game I have installed didn't need me to turn off my security. The problem is no my security or UAC or admin rights.

Sometimes turning off security is not enough. Some programs may continue to interfere, even when disabled.

TOW 3 Korea uses a different copy-protection system from the previous TOW titles, which used eLicense. Supposedly the Online Activation System should have less issues with security software and features of Windows than eLicense. When someone has a problem it becomes much harder to troubleshoot since some of the advice that would get eLicense running does NOT apply to the new copy-protection system.

The 'hotfix' will generally address and issue ONCE you get the game activated. If you can't activate the game, then the Hotfix really won't do anything (since there's no file for it to 'work on' - the license file).

What directory are you installing the game to ? Typically it should default to the 'My Documents' folder. You may want to instead use the 'advanced' setup options and tell it to install to your own custom directory, perhaps at the root of your C: drive (you may want to create this directory BEFORE installing TOW 3).

It was installing by default to programs files(86)\battlefront/Korea

I just tried making a folder called C:\TOW3 and installing it there... still doesn't work.

I uninstalled my virus software(Microsoft security essentials) after the third Korea install attempt failed. There was no virus software installed when I last tried to install Korea.

The demo was acting strange too when I reinstalled it yesterday. Kept saying licence file error and trying to get me to activate manually. Which I tried but that didn't work either.

If Microsoft Security Essentials had thought Korea licence file was a virus and locked it up it would have notified me. I had no warnings of any kind in the couple of days MSE was installed.

I am really bored of trying to make this work and just want my money back.

Maybe Battlefront could give me a copy of Combat Mission Normandy instead? I just played the demo today and the graphics are not good but the game plays quite well.