Can QB games be saved during set-up (unit selection)?

I am enjoying the demo. Ordered the game today...

I always enjoyed QB on CM1 games.

I understand from posts that for QB set-up the computer auto selects some strange/odd enemy unit combos.

Is there any way that saved QB game file from player 1 could be e-mailed and then viewed by another player and player 2 helps make the enemy set-up better and thus save fog of war/surprise value?

Then player 2 e-mails back to player 1?

Side note: does anyone remember playing CMBO with that excel spreadsheet campaign system with dice rolls to select settings? I think JasonC made it up....

I fondly remember that I used to leave the room and my wife would roll the excel dice and then based on result enter that setting into the QB editor. So I would not know if I was up against green or vets or SS or FJ, etc.

It really added to the game. To track and follow your core units. So and so is still alive after so many battles. That was 1 thing I liked about theater of war. Maybe the only thing.

I am enjoying the demo. Ordered the game today...

Excellent - welcome to the forums.

I understand from posts that for QB set-up the computer auto selects some strange/odd enemy unit combos.

My understanding is that this was fixed in the 1.01 patch. I can say I have not seen an enemy force consisting of only AT guns in the patched version.

Is there any way that saved QB game file from player 1 could be e-mailed and then viewed by another player and player 2 helps make the enemy set-up better and thus save fog of war/surprise value?

Then player 2 e-mails back to player 1?

There does not seem to be away to save during unit selection. Sorry.