BB, v103 D2D-version compatible with other?

Kalzun

I recently got CM Barbarossa to Berlin via Direct to Drive.

Now I want to play by email with a friend, but when I tried to open his PBEM-file it said that we had a different version from each-other. Please don't say that the v.103 D2D is different and not compatible with the regular v.103-retail-copy!?

They should be compatible as far as I'm aware. Have you tried to send him a PBEM to see if he has a problem opening it ?

Are either of you compressing the file for PBEM. Though it doesn't really save on size most of the time, it can protect the file from data corruption. However almost all of the time you have a corrupt data file, you'll get the "error sound" when attempting to load the file and not a message about incompatible versions.

Are you both absolutely sure that you're running on 1.03 ? In the case of the Direct-to-Drive version it probably only exists as 1.03 (and thus no patches should be applied). Your opponent on the other hand may need to double-check that they haven't launched an earlier version.

Do you know what platform your opponent is playing on ? If it is an actual CDV/retail copy then they can only be playing on Windows.