CM Music

Rather than necro an old thread from pre-release, I thought I would just start anew.

Now that it's been out a while and we are back in the WW2 groove, what kind of music are listening to before or during your play or design time?

For a while just after release I was staying with my usual lists of bluesy, folky(John Hiatt, John Prine, Steve Goodman etc) stuff to keep me calm while I learned the editor and the new game.

Lately however, I find I cannot really get into my designing or test plays without a little more 'immersion'.

Now I have always preferred Heer, and design my battles around their trials and tribulations. I re-discovered the perfect music to get me right in the zone.

Or even better version ..

One critic even described it as "Music to invade Poland to..."

French may be the language of love, but German is the language of anger.

:D

---

So what are you folks listening to? 40's music? Hogan's Heroes Theme? Your regular playlist?

My CM music is my pixeltruppen's cries of "Follow me, men!" or "Mir nach, Männer!" :cool:

I re-discovered the perfect music to get me right in the zone.

In a similar vein but not quite as openly aggressive:

Openly aggressive, yet not confined to pyromania:

Metallica :D

Master of Puppets

Four Horsemen

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Disposable Heros

Ride the Lightning

The Call of Ktulu

In no particular order. Call me crazy, I just find their music appropriate for the stuff they (my virtual men) are going through.

edit--

Bleh, I should be flogged for not remembering the song 'One' as well. If that song isn't appropriate I don't know what is.

Prokofiev and Stravinsky, for the most part, but with the return of footie season I foresee many many lazy Saturday and Sunday CM games accompanied by the sounds of war by proxy via the radio.

But, yeah, Prokofiev. I find the more fighty bits of Romeo and Juliet to be pretty good for battling along to. If I'm working the editor then whatever's on the radio usually does it as usually concentrating too much to listen anyway.