Suggestions for best mods?

There is a hi-res mod for the US forces around somewhere... I rarely play with American stuff but this mod is outstanding. The Abrams and the Bradley look as good as anything I have ever seen in cmsf. For the life of me I cannot remember who did it or what its called, but its the only high-definition mod out as far as I know so someone else should be able to tell you.

For sound try out AKDs sound mods.. the stock sounds are bumhole compared to his sounds. Hes got a few variants but I tihnk there is a multi pack on the repository with them all in and a readme telling you whats what.

I have a few mods for the Brits.. all the temperate camo skins for the vehicles look really cool and don't look out of place in the syrian setting at all, and for the infantry there is a mod that changes the old DPM to the new one. I have a rag-tag of loads of different mods for the infantry which is made up of lots of different peoples mods all mashed together and edited in some places by myself. If you really like the Brits and are interested I can send you it to try out - the vehicles and all that though are freely available on the repository.

hope this helps