possible changes?

I think there would be merit in expanding cmbfn:

1-create units that can supply the ammunition, for example trucks, creating, for example, various types,artillery ammo, or light ammo, no need to enter the interior of a truck drives to supply them.

2-can shoot with artillery or mortars in the map, even in places not visible directly, obviously with less precision, this was possible.

3-make it possible for modders can also change other things in addition to sounds, for example, give the possibility to modify the special effects, such as smoke and varied.

what do you think?

hello all

I think there would be merit in expanding cmbfn:

1-create units that can supply the ammunition, for example trucks, creating, for example, various types,artillery ammo, or light ammo, no need to enter the interior of a truck drives to supply them.

The way I read comments about ammo dump features while the game was in development suggests to me that there was an intention to make this aspect of the game more fully-featured. My guess is they ran out of time. I don't see the problem with having to mount the vehicle/container to get the goodies; having acquire available from the next action or same action spot wouldn't be bad though; represents the driver or other crewman hopping in the back to sling out crates.

I'd like to see a more complete inventory management system, with troops being able to transfer equipment proactively; I had a situation recently where splitting an AT team off a squad left them with one round and the squad with the other 5. It would have been good to be able to transfer the bombs. And it's annoying when your Broken troops still have supplies when you have troops in better state running out.

2-can shoot with artillery or mortars in the map, even in places not visible directly, obviously with less precision, this was possible.

I agree. I think 'map shooting' should be allowed to out-of-LOS positions, with 'Emergency' accuracy. No spotting rounds, since they'd be pointless, and potential wild inaccuracy. I wouldn't use it very often, I think, since the chances of effect would be low, but there are a lot of things that I don't use very often.

1-create units that can supply the ammunition, for example trucks,

as far as i know these trucks already exist. at least in the german campaign there were trucks available where you could resupply your troops during a scenario. i cannot remember if they were also available in the american campaign but they are existent.

as far as i know these trucks already exist. at least in the german campaign there were trucks available where you could resupply your troops during a scenario. i cannot remember if they were also available in the american campaign but they are existent.

You can resupply certain items out of many kinds of vehicles from jeeps/kubels through trucks to halftracks. Most only have a few types of small arms ammo. Some have AT rocket launchers and shells for these; a very few have mortar ammo. Haven't seen any grenades or ATG ammo in vehicles so far. You have no control in QBs over what a given vehicle is carrying. I think what Joe was suggesting was that you be able to purchase or explicitly equip ammunition transports with the desired loadout of ammo.