Other resource files for winter mods for Macs?

I know that Graphics 13 is the resource file in which winter mods usually reside on Macs. However, if I use resedit to store .bmp files in another resource file, will CM find them? Graphics 13 is reaching capacity, and I have other high-res winter mods I'd like to install. Does CM look for any 10K .bmp to replace the usual ones in winter games, or does it look only in Graphics 13?

CM looks through the Graphics files in order, from 1-13, from what I can tell, so you can place the winter graphics wherever you want to.

while creating MCM3, I underestimated the sheer number of mods that would come about, as well as the size limitation of the resource file, hence the decision to place all the winter mods in G13. At the time G13 was nearly empty of graphics, and I thought that would be a good place to have the winter mods reside.

in hindsight, two files would be better, one for allied and one for axis vehicles. I hope to modify MCM3 in May/June to do this, but for now you can place them anywhere you want to.

Just remember, if my testing is correct, that CM starts in G1 and works to G13, loading the first correct number it finds. If you have two versions, the first one CM finds will be loaded.

good luck!

dave