In need of help

Yes, we understand now. The numbered instructions are there. They tell us to select the folder directly. We have done this, probably 4 times now. No changes. The only process we see is directions telling us how to and what folder to install into. If that is what you are referring to then it has been done.

Excellent, thanks.

I had another thought. I sounds like the problems I am experiencing are specifically from the first 1.01 patch. How did I get that? Given that I dumped the program file tonight and redownloaded the whole program and then redownloaded the patch from the direct link, I don't understand how I could be having these problems. After tonight, I should never have seen the first 1.01 patch on my computer. I should only have the updated 1.01. When I dumped the program, all I did was take the CMBN folder and move it to the trash. I didn't look for any other files to remove. Was there something else I should have removed? Side note: if the newest patch was called 1.01.a then this would be a lot easier to figure out.

The "direct link" (from Gamefront?) is now the *old* version of the patch according to the modified date, which would explain why you're seeing old behavior with the patch. I'll talk to our mirrors guy about this.

The Atomicgamer link actually is the correct version of the patch, however, according to the mod date on the downloaded package.

Atomic gamer gave me one of the broken links. Here is the name of the file, Combat_Mission_Battle_for_Normandy_1.01_Mac_Patch.zip.html. The .html is the problem. When I open the file, Safari opens up and gives me a giant screen of junk. I don't know how to fix this.

OK, I took off the .html extension and now it opened up like a proper .zip file. I got the patch and installed it. Now I am gonna go check the game.

OMG! There it is! A quick check shows me the data in the lower right and the arrow key now works. I am gonna go check the PBEM tank moving issue.

I have tank movement in a PBEM game! I think the problem is fixed.

Once again, the atomic gamer file downloads with a .html extension that breaks it. Without knowing to take off the extension someone won't be able to make that file work. The Gamefront link gives the old patch. I know that the other links don't work well either because I have tried them all. The links need fixing.

Thanks for sticking with me and helping me find the problem. I think I am good to go now.

Excellent! Wow! Thanks for sticking with *us* and keeping on trying.

We'll be talking to our mirrors. Sounds like 3/4 of the Mac mirrors are screwing up somehow. Also we'll be doing a better job of versioning with the patch that comes after 1.01.

Phil - are you getting close to releasing the Mac 1.0.1 V3 patch?

I'm about to start another PBEM game against a PC and I was wondering whether it was worth waiting for the next patch because of the current QB map preview issues. But if it's going to be weeks away then I'll make do with what we have.