Enjoying the Nostalgia........

Last night I fired up my CMBO CD, and began playing the Stoumont Operation as the Germans.

It has been over a year since I have played CMBO, and it was great to get back to the game that got me hooked into this series.

While CMBB and CMAK are great games, CMBO seems to have an intensity that neither of the other two have. Especially when artillery starts raining down on you, and the screen shake is on, and your poor pixeltruppen start heading for cover. While the new modeling for infantry reaction to being under fire is probably more realistic, the old CMBO game flow is a lot more FUN. You are not spending each turn stopping your men from sneaking off the map, or running frantically INTO enemy fire.

I really enjoyed seeing the CMBO mods again, you guys that do that kind of work are to be commended, and when you compare the original issue of CMBO and then see how the mods had changed it, the transformation is stunning.

I can't wait to get back to it tonight....well after I get all my CMBB and CMAK PBEMs out.