Friggin' POP UP scumbags multiplying like rabbits

I have some kinda pop up program that has infiltrted my comp and is pissing me off beyond all reason. I have looked everywhere trying to find it. I want to KILL, NUKE, and eat the liver out of the scumbag that created this tear inducing frustration!!!

How the hell can I find where it is?!! If I walk away from my comp for even a second I have 900 IE windows popped up all over my desk top, even if IE is closed. I want to find this program and destroy it. Than I want to send the scumF**k site that placed it here a virus so nasty that the webmasters nether regions will blister!!

Anybody have any clue as to how I can find this thing? I have uninstalled all programs and such that I suspected. I also have checked for folders on my C drive that I didn't recognize but have been unable to find it. Any help in solving this would be appreciated. Also if you have a genital burning/website destroying virus I can send these punks please share!!

Mord.

Most likely neither of these programms will help, because what you see is a windows messenger service window, which is not an illegimate windows programm at all - it's a system component and thus I doupt that spyware programms clean it up.

If you are running 2K or XP, it will be activated by default. Use your System Control -> Services, seek for "Messenger" and disable the service. That is, stop it, and set start mode to "deactivated".

Then the windows will be gone...

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

If you are running 2K or XP, it will be activated by default. Use your System Control -> Services, seek for "Messenger" and disable the service. That is, stop it, and set start mode to "deactivated".

Then the windows will be gone...

I'm pretty sure MS released a patch to fix this in XP. I'm up to date with with XP patches and haven't encountered this problem. There was some discussion about this on the geek web-sites, but only being a part-time geek I don't remember the details smile.gif .

[ March 29, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]