German mortars in "Busting the Bocage"

How many 81 mm mortars do the Germans have in the "Busting the Bocage" demo?

The German briefing says the Germans have four 81 mm mortars. The artillery display for the mortar platoon leader has three 81 mm mortars and shows them all on the map but with one out of contact. I can only find two, both located near the mortar platoon leader. When I use the - and = keys to move from unit to unit, I can only find two mortar sections and two mortar ammo bearers.

As I said, "The artillery display for the mortar platoon leader has three 81 mm mortars and shows them all ON the map but with one out of contact." If there's a battery of two mortars OFF the map and OUT of contact, when will the off-map battery be in contact? Must the German player check the artillery display each turn to discover when the off-map battery is available?

As I said, "The artillery display for the mortar platoon leader has three 81 mm mortars and shows them all ON the map but with one out of contact." If there's a battery of two mortars OFF the map and OUT of contact, when will the off-map battery be in contact? Must the German player check the artillery display each turn to discover when the off-map battery is available?

"Out of Contact" doesn't mean that the artillery asset in question is completely unavailable, it means that the specific unit you have selected at the moment is not in contact with that asset and so can't communicate a fire request -- in other words, there is a "broken link" in the communications chain somewhere between the unit you are trying to use as a spotter, and the artillery asset.

I don't have the demo on installed on my computer anymore, but the Busting the Bocage was also released for the full game, and it's supposedly a copy of what's included with the demo. I just loaded it, and it shows 2 mortars on map, and one 81mm mortar off map (note: ONLY one -- while tactically fairly insignificant, this is indeed different from the scenario briefing, which clearly states 4 tubes of 81mm mortars). If you're seeing something different, apparently there is an (unintended?) difference between the demo version, and what was released for the full game.

In any event, I can definitely get contact to the off-map 81mm tube, if I pick the right unit. For example, from the default setup, the Mortar Platoon HQ (which has a radio) has contact to the off-map 81mm mortar and can call in fire from this mortar.