A new offensive is on the way in Libya

http://www.economist.com/node/18958461?story_id=18958461&fsrc=rss

These fights can probably be simulated with CMSF, but the news I am finding about is is not very technical.

At least this Economist article speaks about Milan anti tank missiles for the rebels, but I couldn't find anything yet on the nature of the NATO assisted attack on Brega that was repulsed.

If anybody has good sources on the fighting, could they provide a link here?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about making a mini campaign based on the fighting in Libya. I've been following the fighting as closely as I can but information tends to be pretty patchy, especially around Brega where access by reporters to the front line has been strictly controlled. From what I've read, the rebels have tried to advance towards Brega from the north, centre and south, with the southern wing of their force attempting to sweep north west to cut off Gaddafi's forces. I believe it was this southern wing which recieved a counter attack by Gaddafi forces from the west. Seemingly, the rebel's attack has become bogged down in extensive minefields.

I think the only way to get a feel for what the fighting involves is to watch some of the videos posted online. Don't expect ot find any tactical diagrams or scetch maps. I check the miltaryphotos.net Libya thread frequently to try and glean useful info. Also, Nato's website gives a daily list of targets hit in specific areas, although this does not seem to be comprehensive.