MG42 bug ?

Here are some screenshots of the problem im having, the MG 42 in the MG 42 team is not conforming to the ordered facing.

Also in the picture where the team has a red targeting line only the riflemen fired eventhough there was a blue LOS line when checked, this happened to another team in a one storey building, blue LOS line but only the rifles fire even when the MG 42 has the correct facing.

Has anyone else had this problem, if it is prevalent it shoud be fixed as you should be able to put units in a building and have them conform to the correct facing otherwise why have a facing function via the face order or target arc position.

post-14573-141867622963_thumb.jpg

post-14573-141867622964_thumb.jpg

post-14573-141867623226_thumb.jpg

I think this is not a bug. I suspect HMGs take more time to deploy in buildings. After some time they will eventually fire the MG42. Gunner is in "deploying" phase right?

Not true, i am aware of the time it takes for the weapon to be set up, its in the unit info box, but i had a team in a building with a fire command and a blue LOS for two full turns and the MG was silent while the rifles fired quite happily and there was no semi or not deployed message in the info box either.

Its the non conformity to the facing order thats bugging me the most though.

Yes deploy time is 20secs *in the open*. But I think I read somewhere it needs some extra care to set up an HMG on a window. Thus its taking longer. It might need over 2 minutes to fire, but wait a bit and the MG42 will start singing..

Also, you cannot change facing once in deployment phase. Its a window thing again iirc.

Yes deploy time is 20secs *in the open*. But I think I read somewhere it needs some extra care to set up an HMG on a window. Thus its taking longer. It might need over 2 minutes to fire, but wait a bit and the MG42 will start singing..

Also, you cannot change facing once in deployment phase. Its a window thing again iirc.

Ali you are correct, i just did some testing and it takes about 1 min 30 secs for the MG to start firing after it has come to rest if it has moved into the firing position, but i noticed another thing with the blue LOS line.

I set up 5 MG teams to move fast to the top floor of five multi story buildings and 3 teams started firing after a minute and a half whereas 2 looked like they were firing but no muzzle flashes appeared so i shifted the target line to another target and all weapons started firing with muzzle flashes.

When i checked the LOS of the teams that werent firing they were very tenuous, i could only get their LOS line to turn blue in one spot, so i think that in some situations a blue line isnt really a blue line if it only stays blue on one spot, therefore the firing unit will ignore it or will raise their rifles looking like they are firing without the muzzle flashes even though technically they should be firing, so now i think its like a glitch rather than a bug, my advice iwould now be dont try and fire an MG42 at a target you can only get one spot to show blue with the LOS tool.

Things would be more simple (with regards to HMG42 teams), if they could be divided to ammo bearers and gunners. So far, all of the HMG42 team is treated as whole combat unit, with those guys that actually should not be involved directly in combat (ammo beares/team leader), seeking their "fighting position" within the given action spot.

Internal positioning logic should be more like 2 gunners/team leader upfront and remaining team to the rear and heads down, until some "emergencies" arise.

Things would be more simple (with regards to HMG42 teams), if they could be divided to ammo bearers and gunners.

The devil demands his pound of flesh. If an ammo bearer (AB) team were removed from the gun crews, then the gun itself would be that much more fragile since the ABs would form a distinct team that cannot 'merge' with the gun team to replace losses.

The devil demands his pound of flesh. If an ammo bearer (AB) team were removed from the gun crews, then the gun itself would be that much more fragile since the ABs would form a distinct team that cannot 'merge' with the gun team to replace losses.

Yes and I see problems with AI handling, but overall the unit is already quite fragile due to it beeing "oversized" with all team members bunching up and stepping into each ways, particularly when it comes to individual fighting positions within an action spot. So while "splitting" might not be the ideal solution, coding a better support team logic seems to be more obvious.

So far, I´d avoid using HMG teams for engagement ranges below, say...500-800m and use LMG teams instead. I´d also generally avoid houses for use as HMG positions and make sure the placement action spot, does not contain too many obstacles (walls, trees..).

Waiting for 1.01....