Few quick questions

Oh ye of greater knowledge, lend your aid for this poor pilgrim stuck in the hedgerows of Normandy and answer me this.

1. How do I get my engineers to cut barbed wire? After a bit of trial and error, I found out how the Mark Mines command actually works, but haven't found out how to cut wire yet. Just order them to move through wire?

2. Is it possible to destroy and/or clear anti-tank obstacles (the ones that look like giant caltrops)? I've tried blasting them with mortars, direct fire HE rounds, engineers with Blast orders, but nothing seems to work. Are they effectively indestructable?

3. Why do the on-map mortars lose roughly half of their ammo if you move them to a different place during set-up? I could understand this during game, as representative of not having enough ammo bearers to move all the "extra ammo" with you, but not during the set-up phase.

4. Is the Deploy Weapon command during movement supposed to work as a delayed order of sorts? I expected that if I order a moving weapon team carrying an undeployed weapon to deploy the weapon (pressing the command button so it is depressed/lit up), the team would deploy their weapon once they get to their destination. However, more often than not, they just sit on their hands at their destination with the weapon undeployed and I have to give the order again. (Note: This comes mainly from my experiences with US MG teams.) Can't you give the Deploy Weapon command in advance?

These two aren't questions, but requests to powers that be.

A. Please, please, please, make the openings in the bocage a bit easier to see. Now it's a game unto its own to hunt for these nearly invisible openings. Also, make the difference between low bocage and an ordinary hedge more distinctive, plz.

B. Make the bocage breaching AI smarter and/or stick to orders better. Too many times I've seen my engineer teams do something really stupid with their breaching orders. (I can be stupid on my own, don't need my engineers to help me in that department, thank you very much.) The breaching as it is now requires a lot of micromanaging and just blind luck to get results at least half-way like you intended. Fix this or somefink.

Oh ye of greater knowledge, lend your aid for this poor pilgrim stuck in the hedgerows of Normandy and answer me this.

1. How do I get my engineers to cut barbed wire? After a bit of trial and error, I found out how the Mark Mines command actually works, but haven't found out how to cut wire yet. Just order them to move through wire?

2. Is it possible to destroy and/or clear anti-tank obstacles (the ones that look like giant caltrops)? I've tried blasting them with mortars, direct fire HE rounds, engineers with Blast orders, but nothing seems to work. Are they effectively indestructable?

3. Why do the on-map mortars lose roughly half of their ammo if you move them to a different place during set-up? I could understand this during game, as representative of not having enough ammo bearers to move all the "extra ammo" with you, but not during the set-up phase.

4. Is the Deploy Weapon command during movement supposed to work as a delayed order of sorts? I expected that if I order a moving weapon team carrying an undeployed weapon to deploy the weapon (pressing the command button so it is depressed/lit up), the team would deploy their weapon once they get to their destination. However, more often than not, they just sit on their hands at their destination with the weapon undeployed and I have to give the order again. (Note: This comes mainly from my experiences with US MG teams.) Can't you give the Deploy Weapon command in advance?

These two aren't questions, but requests to powers that be.

A. Please, please, please, make the openings in the bocage a bit easier to see. Now it's a game unto its own to hunt for these nearly invisible openings. Also, make the difference between low bocage and an ordinary hedge more distinctive, plz.

B. Make the bocage breaching AI smarter and/or stick to orders better. Too many times I've seen my engineer teams do something really stupid with their breaching orders. (I can be stupid on my own, don't need my engineers to help me in that department, thank you very much.) The breaching as it is now requires a lot of micromanaging and just blind luck to get results at least half-way like you intended. Fix this or somefink.

1 and 2) You can use engineers to blast wire. Haven't tried with the other obstacles.

3) The ammo count you see, is an aggregate of all the mortar ammo of the teams nearby. So if you move one team, you see it's "actual" load out. The actual load out can also always be seen next to the suppression meter. Move other mortars/mortar ammo bearers team closer and the ammo count should "rise" again. Unless it's a bug :).

4) To deploy a weapon at the end of a waypoint: highlight that waypoint and toggle deploy on. See the CMSF tactics sticky on how to stack orders.

B. Something that helps is to make sure your engineers are perpendicular to the obstacle/hedge to be breached. If you place the waypoint just before the obstacle, the engineers won't run through the obstacle.

;1290585']The answer to 4 is: click on the destination waypoint and click on deploy. They´ll deploy on arrival then. also works with hide, target etc.

edit :too slow :o)

Especially when setting up behind some sort of linear obstacle, it's a good idea to select that last waypoint, and set a facing (across the obstacle) while you're giving the Deploy order. Otherwise, if your team hits the obstacle at an oblique, it's possible the MG itself gets set up too far from the obstacle to fire past it.

There are a bunch of detailed threads about how breaching charges work. It's a bit involved, but it is mostly comprehensible once you know what's going on.