Black Screen

When I attempt to open SC2, Weapons and Warfare, Patton Drives East or Pacific Theatre I am able to select the campaign, select which side to play and confirm all the various options, however when I click to start the game proper it starts to open but after a few seconds just goes to a black screen. I have no such problems with WW1 or Global Campaign which open up fine. I have been able to play all 4 of these games on this same machine without any difficulties up to now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ok, so I've been playing about a bit, and if I put on the video accelerator then Patton Drives East will open, and while open if I uncheck the video accelerator then I get the black screen again so I guess it obviously has something to do with that. Stupid question - what exactly is the video accelerator and what impact, if any, does it have when playing the game?

Hi Jackharry,

The video acceleration option was a video card toggle we introduced to simply have the video card load all the bitmaps into software memory instead of video memory which seems to have the game run smoother or more specifically quicker.

This is now just the default setting for the newer releases which is why you don't see it as an option in WWI.

Glad to hear you got the games running and I hope you enjoy your games :)

Hubert

Thank you for the reply. It was strange that they just all of a sudden stopped running without the video acceleration option, but they are working now so it's all good. I would also like to say that your Strategic command series of games are easily the best available in this genre - keep up the good work!