Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Cats vs. Dogs [spoilers]

When playing the german side in this really fun scenario I have had some trouble actually finding some good use for some of the units.

[spoliers]

The limbered guns, where do you place them and what do you do with them to actually make them effective in this battle? They arrive late enough that I find it hard to place anywhere where they actually make any difference.

Thanks for any pointers!

The answer depends on the current tactical situation, among other things: what is required of them? If the Americans are making progress, then placing them in a nice enfilade position will help in stopping them.

If they have been halted, you might want to use them offensively to support your A/C's. The 75mm Infantry Guns can be used indirectly, too, so that's one option. The other option is to place them somewhere where they can directly support a counter-attack, preferably somewhere where they get some concealment, like in the woods. Just don't be too ambitious with them, they need some time for deployment too so they can't return fire immediately if they are spotted mid-move.

I used them in the valley to enfilade and they managed to do a bit of damage and cause the American player to pause.

I did not realise the crews with the MG's had the ammo and I sent these into the woods to spot and use the MG's on the Jeeps which worked well until they died and by that time I had clocked they had the ammo for the guns!!!

Still learning...

;)