Fake basements

...was just a bit toying with the demoes map editor and thinking about "fake" basements. Guess it has been tried before (in CMSF?), but I want to ask, if sunken multistory buildings can be played with?

I "sunk" some modular 3 story building into map spots, 3 meters deeper than surrounding map spots and added a flat balcony to the 2nd story, thus making it look like ground level. Can infantry "hop" from level terrain straight onto the second floor balcony, or would it still try entering the building via the sunken base floor (my guess)?

thanks

fake3story.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fake3storymap.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bunker6a.jpg

-------

bunker9a.jpg

--------

Instead of searching CMSF(facepalm now), I blundered into this on my own.

The secret to bunkers/basements seems to be building a connecting ground-floor entrance.

Here is a quick and dirty house with a 1 level basement. The only real drawback about this configuration is that while troops can leave through all balconies(and right out on to the surrounding ground), they will only return through the small house ground-floor door.

Make sure any players read the scenario designer notes if you put basements on your maps. :) That would suck if someone predicated their plan over having access to a balcony that only LOOKS like it's at ground level.

basement1a.jpg

-

basement2a.jpg