Resistance

I doubt the next module will include them; Commonwealth AND Fallschirmjaeger AND SS is quite a lot of forces on its own. I think if they are included at all they'd be in the last module, the tentatively-titled "Battle Pack," that just has some odds and ends that didn't really fit into the other modules. BTW, while CMSF definitely had resistance-type fighters, there would be a ton of work to do to get them in CMBN. They'd need textures, new TO&E (which of course would still need to be mostly made-up), possibly new weapon modeling depending on what sort of weapons the Resistance was armed with, and so on. ;)

To be honest, I don't know how often the Resistance engaged in direct CM-style action against the Germans, and personally, I don't really care if we ever see them. But fortunately for you, I don't decide what goes into the modules, so I wouldn't rule them out! :)

To be honest, I don't know how often the Resistance engaged in direct CM-style action against the Germans, and personally, I don't really care if we ever see them. But fortunately for you, I don't decide what goes into the modules, so I wouldn't rule them out! :)

There were quite some engagements with the FFI (Forces Françaises de l'Interieur). FFI was the name given to the military branches of the different resistance groups. Some engagements:

21. August 44 advance elements of 36. US Infantry division under Lt. Col. Joseph G. Felber (1 Cav Sqd, 2 Art Bttr + some tanks & TDs) uses FFI soldiers to cover its flank at Sauzet.

24. August 44 143rd Infantry attacks Valence together with FFI units. After the attack is repelled the 143rd moves to Crest and leaves the FFI alone in its attack against Valence.

23. August 44 Pz.Gren.Rgt. 200, Hochgebirgs Btl. 3 + Artillerie pushes across the col de Larche in direction of Barcelonette against FFI troops.

And there were larger engagements like the Battle des Glières from Jan-Mar 44 with 450 Maquisard against 3000 Germans and ~2'100 French Militia or the battle of the Vercors with 4'000 Maquisards against 20'000 Germans, Saint-Marcel in Brittany with 3000 FFI, 200 SAS against 300-1'000 Germans, Mont-Gargan with 10'000 FFI against 2-3'000 Germans and as a last example the battle of the Mont-Mucher with 2'700 FFI against KG Abel, KG Enssand KG Coelle with ~3'000 men.

fmhpov, its going to be some inexplicable error not to include them. (with also some sas and commandos it will be great)

their organization and peculiarities are not something of just a mod...

Also, to add the WWII version of today's IEDs is also a must (blow the bridge while the tiger goes throught)(being it some kind of "hollywood" will not make it less fun)

By the way, most of it is already coded, so...just a little effort, i guess, except for visuals.

and of top of it, a good way of introducing civil cars and trucks (Mr Battlefront, where is my "flavour object junk number 8"?).