Trying to get Hull-Down at Wall, etc.

Hello:

I cannot seem to get the waypoints to work accurately. Sometimes I want to drive up to a wall but often the tank drives through losing any possible hull-down status.

Or driving towards bocage, it will try and mount it and have its underbelly sticking up.

Any help appreciated.

Gerry

I also have had a lot of trouble positioning waypoints to ensure my units end up hugging terrain features. I expect the waypoint's position shows where the center of the unit would be, so a tank twelve feet wide should have its waypoint six feet from the terrain feature you want it to hug. If we ignore gun barrels (which we can't in a combat game), vehicles have rectangular shapes, longer in the direction of travel than wide. If you have fifty or sixty yards of straight road to follow, it should be fairly easy to plot waypoints to move a vehicle into the exact position you want.

To maximize the precision of your waypoint positions, I'd suggest you plot from a view directly above the desired destination and as close to ground level as you can get. If, after five or six tries, you still can't put the waypoint where you want it, give up and accept that the game is ensuring a "realistic" result.