Disappearing Team Leader

I'm playing the La Meauffe scenario against the AI. I had given an MG team and its Ammo Handlers a "Move" order with several waypoints along a road and left the teams to their own devices for a couple of turns.

A few minutes later, I noticed that the MG team was lagging far behind the Ammo Handlers and that there was a movement line for a "Quick" order for the MG Team that I had not given to the team. I also noticed that the team leader was not present in the group. The MG icon was in the middle of a field near the beginning of the "Quick" line, but I could not see the leader... I thought maybe he'd gone to take a leak? It took some searching, but I finally found the leader several hedgerows away walking off into the sunrise.

Not having saved the preceding turn, I loaded up a turn saved just after I'd given the original order and hit "Go" for the next three minutes and watched the leader separate himself from the team. This time he walked off approximately 180 degrees from the direction he went in the first time, even walking through a hedgerow at a point without an opening. He continued moving until he wandered into LOS of an MG34 and was killed.

I have the turn saved from the initial game (walking toward the morning sun) and also the turn where the leader begins to move off on his own. I'd be happy to send them to whoever wishes to look at them.

Yeah, the gunner and the loader are just standing around waiting while this other guy is hightailing it off to godknowswhere.

As i mentioned, the leader shows an order line back to the remainder of the team, but appears to be ignoring it. I'll go back in and clear the orders for the team and see if this clown turns around and comes back to battle.

The team was well rested prior to the move. They'd been in overwatch while the rest of the platoon moved up and the MG was supposed to move up to support the next phase of the attack.

Clearing out the order won't work because the other two team members just move off to join the leader... so instead of one guy off looking for breakfast, now there are three.

Didn’t realise that Battlefront had put in Combat Stress Disorder (also known as shell shock or battle fatigue). But that is clearly what we are seeing. It includes symptoms like: Suicidality, Disruptive behaviour and Confusion. [1]

Walking off in the sunset in the middle of the battle seem to fit that diagnosis. ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_stress_reaction