Movement orders ignored repeatedly

Apologies if this out there already but I can't find it if it is.

I've just been playing "Buying the Farm" and I worked two Engineer squads into a good position to assault the hedgerow in front of them. Lots of surpressive fire, two mortar barrages just been delivered, no fire coming from the hedgerow (or anywhere that they would have been aware of) and the squads were rested and in good order "OK". Not pinned in any way.

So I issue assault commands and they just sit there. They're not cowering, they have no casualties. They just sit there.

After the turn is over, I check the squads. One still has the assault command in place and the other has just discarded theirs. So I issue the orders again. Nothing.

So I move their HQ unit right next to them. Nothing. Orders discarded.

So I issue "quick" move orders. Nothing.

I issue a variety of movement orders. Nothing!

They just sit there soaking up the sun. After 7 or 8 minutes I have given up as they squads had now started to take fire due to the effects of the barrage wearing off and the Germans having had time to send for reinforcements from the Eastern Front.

Just to check the game isn't broken, I start issuing random movement orders to other squads including some suicidal ones. No problem. Eveyone tries to do as they're told.

So what was I doing wrong with these two? Ruined the scenario...

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

(My first post in years! WWII is wear its at)

Did you want the engineers to assault through gaps in the hedgerow or to blow gaps into it? If it was the former and there were no gaps for them to go through, I could see the AI just ignoring the order if it could find no paths to assault through nearby. And the command to blow gaps is of course different entirely.

Actually, I've just had a closer look at that "fence" I was expecting them to climb over. Looks like it was actually a rather robust looking barbed wire barricade with no way around. Think that might have been the problem... Doh!

Ah yes. Barbed wire is certainly impassable to infantry. Gotta roll a track over it or have some pioneers blast it.