My Fault...BUT...great idea

I was just editing up a scenario's map. I was about an hour into it when... I accidentally clicked EXIT instead of SAVE!!!

My fault.

That said...I'd LOVE to see a dummy message that asks "Are you sure?" Thankfully I have a hand drawn map to go from so I can re-create my map, but this seems like a useful change that can save much pain!

Yes, that exit button is a killer.

I was in the Navy in 84-85 doing a temporary detachment on Diego Garcia with my P-3 patrol plane squadron. I was the maintenance officer for the det and just after we landed from the long flight from Thailand, I followed the pilot and plane commander into the briefing room so we could all go to the BOQ together after they debriefed. The two of them sat down at this complex computer sort of device with which they had to hand type an involved report called a "Purple" back to Fleet HQ, to tell them about how our mission went. It was important because en route we had actually spent some time tracking a Soviet sub we had been told about in the area. Anyway, these two exhausted aviators spent about 45 minutes laboriously hunting and pecking this report into the computer. When he thought he was done, one of them pressed a button and the other one suddenly said "oh sh!t you pressed exit instead of send." All that work, for nothing. The other aviator didn't say a word but as I watched this big beefy guy in a flight suit sit there, a little tear trickled down his face...I'm sure it was just dust got in his eye, yep, that's it.

So yeah, that exit button has ruined many a day. :)

I'd like to add to that the hope that one day we will get an undo command some day that will simply take back the last input in the chain. It's true that in many situations you can do that already simply by using the delete key, but a number of times I've had the entire chain erased and had to start over from scratch.

Michael