Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mission Difficulty Rating - My Opinion

Below is a list of the missions that I have played so far, along with my opinion of their difficulty and my result in WeGo (Elite) mode.

How does this compare with other people's experiences of these missions?

My Mission Difficulty Rating against AI

(* easy| ** moderately easy | *** average | **** hard | ***** very hard)

The Road to Berlin (ALLIED) ** (Total Victory)

Task Force Raff (ALLIED)

Mission 1: * (Total Victory)

Mission 2: * (Total Victory)

Mission 3: ** (Total Victory)

Busting the Bocage (ALLIED): ** (Total Victory)

Busting the Bocage (AXIS): **** (Draw)

Closing the Pocket (AXIS): *** (Tactical Victory)

A Delaying Action (ALLIED): **** (Draw)

A Strange Awakening (ALLIED) * (not quite finished yet - but probably Total Victory)

Please note: The difficulty rating is in no way a reflection of the quality of the mission. So far I've enjoyed them all.

... I actually haven't lost a mission so far. 2 draws is very close though.

AI with normal setting is always easy to moderately easy when you have played for years iron pbem. Challenge is to play against another human. Here it can go from laughable to trans-plutonical. It's a combination of knowing your tactics, how to implement them over the ui, invested time for thinking for each of your unit every turn or pause + luck.

I'd largely agree with those, except try Busting the Bocage as US without the 105 (like I did before I discovered you could scroll the artillery menu - HAAA). That's a draw.

Also found A Delaying Action to be about one of the toughest scenarios I've ever played. A certain Major Defeat first try had I not restarted and saved games like a MF.