A plea 4 help ! (i am new to CMBO ) plz help me !

Hi, im liquidcactus i just sgned up 2 battlefront.com, i have a problem in game with CMBO, its nothing technichal at all, i hope u can help.

the unit in the game known as " platoon HQ " is meant to lead squads into battle.. when u rally your men brown lines r meant 2 extend from platoon hq to rest of men. (sais that in manual).

However, when i play "red lines" extend from platoon hq 2 squad members.. n squad members dont reply to orders at all ! or they delay for 30 secs ... i have searched manual long and hard but cant find anwhere about red lines !.. plz help me plz plz. i just bought the game n cant play it !!..... anyhelp is greatley appreciated i cant stress that enough. thanx

The "brown" command lines in CM do look rather red to me as well, but they still call them brown just the same. If the line is black they are out of command range. There will always be a delay, but I haven't play CMBO for some time so I cannot remember what the standard delay time is. (I play mostly CMBB and CMAK) You have to give orders to each member of the platoon, not just the Platoon HQ btw.

Also in the future, please try to use full words, although some of us can understand what you are saying, many of the members here are 30+ and have no idea what you just wrote. ;)

[ March 18, 2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

The command lines are red in the game.

It sounds as if you may have a Company HQ or Battalion HQ standing closer to those squads who will not react to the Platoon HQ's command. Double click on the Platoon HQ(all his squads should be highlighted, now check closely for another commander of higher rank standing near.

There is a built in delay time built into the game for troops, AFV.s etc. of different ranks. For example, a "crack" squad will react to commands faster than a "veteren" squad, which reacts faster than a "regular" squad and so on down the experience line.

Go to the "Tips and Tricks" section of the forum, there is a wealth of information available there.

Don't give up, it's a wonderful wargame.

KC

Originally posted by Panzerman:

You have to give orders to each member of the platoon, not just the Platoon HQ btw.
Um.....err.....when I want a complete platoon to do something I merely "double click" the Platoon HQ, the entire platoon becomes highlited, and your give the "one" command. Works for me. :cool: smile.gif

KC

Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> You have to give orders to each member of the platoon, not just the Platoon HQ btw.

Um.....err.....when I want a complete platoon to do something I merely "double click" the Platoon HQ, the entire platoon becomes highlited, and your give the "one" command. Works for me. :cool: smile.gif

KC </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> You have to give orders to each member of the platoon, not just the Platoon HQ btw.

KC </font>

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cactus.

Don't read the manual... just play for a bit... then tour the Tips and Tricks forum... and search the web for the CM Oracle where useful newbie FAQs were all collected.

When you get into serious tactical issues, search these forums for anything by JasonC. Amazing spot on advice on how to attack, defend, purify your drinking water, etc. etc. Nothing about how to romance women yet, but we're hopeful. It's also v. good to go through a couple of the After Action Reports (AARs) on CMHQ.

Have fun. It's a great game.