Armor question

I would like to know a few things about optics damages.

When we say optics does it mean targeting and blocks of vision or the targeting optics are separate from the blocks of vision.?

I'm asking this because i saw tanks with highly damaged optics still shooting with accuracy. This was also the case in CMSF.

I may be wrong but i don't have the feeling that damaged optics change a lot in accuracy, is it right ?

When the tracks are in red, highly damaged, the tank cannot move, and when damaged, it moves slowly. I can see the difference but not for optics.

Or does it affect only spotting ?

I did a test today with 5 Panthers against 18 Shermans at 1200 m all tanks on static position . All regular troops.

German losses 1 tank 3 immobilized. U.S. losses 18 tanks.

I was not surprised since i think that German optics of the Panther were very accurate under 1 500 M and degrading after from what i could read.

I have found on a review for the main gun of a Hetzer : 98% chances of hits at 1 000 m on a target of 2 m X 2.40 m on the best conditions. I have found other stats about 88 mm and 75 mm guns that shows that, even in combat, in good conditions the guns were very accurate.

But, on another test with the same troops, i made the Panther move at normal speed and they were able to put 3 shots while moving on 3 Shermans that were destroyed.:confused:

In some QB's that i played i had the same feeling that on the move tanks are too accurate.

I thought that it was very rare to hit something while moving in WW 2 tank combat and that tanks stopped to fire and sometimes restart between each shot.

Maybe something to look at.

Do other players have the same feelings about accuracy while moving for tanks ?

Damaged optics definitely effects spotting most but (I not 100% about this) I think it makes aiming slower too. So the accuracy is similar but it takes longer to get a firing solution.

I've got my own armour damage question too! Is the turret rotation a damage component? Anyone see it disabled?

Can't we keep these questions all in one thread? Why aren't people using the search function? If people would search for and read the similar topic threads that already exist, many of these questions would be answered.

:( Well i was just asking a simple question. When i use the search engine on optics, i have 2 pages of answers.

As English is not my mother tongue, it's not always easy to read and find what you need.

I don't post a lot, only when i think something may be wrong in the game. I think i was the first one who posted on the missing panzerfaust in CMSF.

And i can't follow everything on this forum.

Damaged optics definitely effects spotting most but (I not 100% about this) I think it makes aiming slower too. So the accuracy is similar but it takes longer to get a firing solution.

I've got my own armour damage question too! Is the turret rotation a damage component? Anyone see it disabled?

For the turret i did not see blocked turrets in CMBN or CMSF. Only damaged main guns.

I remeber that was possible in CM 1 and i don't know if that's possible in CM 2