New to this

Hi I am new to this site and have purchased Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, I am interested in adding members MODS to the game but I am not sure how I do it. I have downloaded a number of MODS but have seen talk about putting some into the "Z" folder where is that, can anyone help

Thanks

Hi, BASA welcome to the forum. What to do is, in the battlefront folder open the data folder and then you must create a new folder named Z then it's simply a matter of unpacking the mods you wish to use into this folder. Cheers.

Page 152 and 153 in the manual should get you started.

The important thing to understand is that the folder named "Z" that you should create inside the "Data" folder is where you put all the files that you want to take priority over the standard files, usually the Mods that is.

It´s a very clean way of doing it as it means that you can incorporate mods without endangering the standard files, and add and remove mods in seconds.

Just take the mod file (usually a *.brz file) and put in the "Z" folder. CM:BN will now execute it´s function with priority over the standard version of whatever part of CM that has been modded.

As it says in the manual you can also add single files, such as .wav or .bmp, into the "Z" folder and they will be ran with priority over the standard files with the same name. Very neat and clean, not to mention safe.

M.

Hi, BASA welcome to the forum. What to do is, in the battlefront folder open the data folder and then you must create a new folder named Z then it's simply a matter of unpacking the mods you wish to use into this folder. Cheers.

Thanks for the info, regards BASA