Conflicting Displays?

I've been experiencing crumby graphics quality. And I talked to a friend on the phone about this. He told me to run dxdiag. Then he told me to click on the Display tab.

When I said, "Display 1 or Display 2," he hollared "AHA! There should only be one Display tab! You have to do something about the BIOS thing." That was all he could tell me.

The Display 1 tab is for the Voodoo3 PCI card, I installed a few months ago myself. The Display 2 tab is for the Trident Blade3D/MVP4(63) piece of poo that came with my computer, which is an AMD 500MHz with 120MB RAM and Win98.

Any suggestions?

If it didn't disable itself when you installed the Voodoo 3 PCI, then you will have to manually disable the built-in video, if possible. This may be a setting in the CMOS (F10 on boot ?) or a jumper/switch on the motherboard. Some computers don't let you disable the built-in video and this may be one of them. The final option may be to make sure that no monitor is plugged into the built-in video's VGA connector. With nothing hooked up and another video card in the system it may disable itself.

Do you know which display you're using for CM ? I assume that you're plugged into the Voodoo 3 PCI, which should be the primary display in this case. If you're plugged into the on-board video, then your issues are based on the VIA/Trident Blade 3D adapter.