Minefield supression effect

I ve had some limited experience with using minefields in defense so far and would like to hear what others have seen.

In my case a "mixed" mine field web set up in the open fields leading uphill to one of the forests in the "Bois de bogin" scenario. A couple of squads advancing on "quick" passed through fully with only 1 casualty and the rest of the men kept on running happily.

Are minefields applying any special or added suppression effect of any kind on passing squads? I.e. maybe I ve seen too many hollywood movies but my expectations would be that before a detected minefield (i.e. 1 or 2 casualties at least), the rest of the squad would stop moving or at least continue under a slow pattern. In my case the minefield was detected upon explosion/death of one of the soldiers (confirmed by my opponent) but both squads continued on Quick as if nothing had happened.

Any other experiences with minefields?

I've seen a minefield almost rout an entire platoon of mine that were on quick. Only the hq and one squad got to the other side, the other two squads panicked halfway through and ran back out of it. About 2-3 casualties per unit I think. This was in a scenario though, so I have no idea how many they ran through.

Ok. What was the mine type in your case? personnel only or mix?

Does anyone have an idea of the area (or action tiles) covered by each minefield counter? Does it vary depending on the type of mine (armour, personnel, mix)? I have not found this info in the manual... maybe did not look hard enough?