demo-no menus-mac

aputnam

I downloaded the demo yesterday (quite impressive) but have one problem. I am not able to see/read several pop up windows (they appear as black boxes, with no text inside) a couple of red boxes inside, which I assume are Yes/No boxes. if I click on a tank and hit RETURN, I get a black box for info, but no text inside. I assume this is a simple setting, but would like to see it work before ordering the complete software package.

thanks

It sounds like you have a Mac with an ATI Rage 128/128 Pro as the video chip and you're running OS 9.0.x. You'll need to download the OpenGL 1.2.1 installer. You can find it from several sources online or you can download it as part of the CM 1.12 patch (download the CM112.SIT.BIN file):

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches/

When you extract this there should be an OpenGL 1.2.1 Installer to my knowledge. Just use the Installer and not the patch (since it won't work with the Demo files).