Does The AI use Arty in the same restrictions of the player ?

Just curious, I know there has been alot of talk on the AI accuracy with the 60mm mortars.

I just finished the bridge battle of the panzer marsch campaign, and out of know where an mg 42 and grenadier squad get pummled by a 60.

I'm fine with that, but this was at the last 30 seconds of senario end. When I reviewed the map there were no 60s around the area. It seemed when I use them as US, they seem restricted by range and whether they are in contact with the FOs or not.

I'm just wondering if the AI get's some arty handicaps to give it a chance.

The AI gets no cheats in CMx2 at all. It abides by the same rules and gets no advantages at all. I remember asking in the past for the AI to get reduced call-in times when it calls in an off-board fire mission to compensate for the human player's ability to anticipate the player's movement but it was rejected outright. The AI gets no cheats. ;)

I kinda assumed that, but the situation I described above just baffles me.

on a side note, the panzer marsch campaign is pretty hard. Ended in 4 missions with a draw / attack failed. Might have to go back and play that one sometime after I finish all the other campaigns and battles.