Targeting and LOS issue

I noticed while playing a battle this weekend that that if I target a location (piece of ground) for which I have LOS then I move that unit to a location where LOS doesn't exist without clearing the target, the unit still remains targeted even though they have no LOS.

This is not a huge issue other than the until will continue to fire at that location even though they have no LOS. I was thinking a cleaner solution would be to have the target clear when a unit loses LOS to that location. I know this could cause some issues with something like smoke which could cause a unit to temporarily lose LOS such as smoke, however with the possible exception of smoke I can't think of why you would want a unit to keep a target once they lose LOS.

So that once they do have LOS, they'll keep firing at it...

In the case of losing LOS due to smoke then this would be preferable however if I move the unit without clearing target first, especially when playing RT, its an extra step to make sure you clear target otherwise your unit keeps firing and wasting ammunition.