Won't Change Res

Rick

I changed my display driver's resolution setting to the next higher. However, when I delete the pref file CM still won't let me go any higher than 800x600. I was under the impression that CM could go to the next setting. Is this impression wrong? If not why am I having a problem?

CM will only go as high as your desjtop is currently set. If your desktop is 800X600 then CM will only let you go that high.

Now if you're saying that your desktop 1024X768 and yet you only get 800X600 in CM, that's another issue entirely. If that is the case, I don't have clue what could be causing it if you deleted the prefs file.

Hope this helped.

I had a problem in that I could not get the screen back up allowing me to set resolution despite the fact the desktop was at a higher resolution than that which the game was allowing me to play.

To resolve this I started the game from the Combat Mission icon ON THE CD-ROM DISK. (i.e. click on My computer - D: drive (if that's yur cd-rom drive that has the cm disk in it) - then click on the Combat Mission icon. For some reason this is the only way I can get the screen resolution thing to come back up. Choose 1024 by 768.

Wampit

Rick - What video card are you using ? If you're using a Voodoo1/2-based card as your DirectX accelerator, then I believe you will not be able to run at anything higher than 800 x 600 (at least using the Voodoo1/2). I believe this is true whether you are on a Mac or PC.

If you're running another video card, then we will need more details about your computer from you.

I assume that you mean your STB Vision 128 is actually a "Velocity 128", am I correct ? If so here are the latest drivers from STB/3dfx:

Velocity 128 Win9x drivers:

http://www.stb.com/drivers/velocity/vl128.html

If your card is actually the Velocity 128 it is based on a nVidia RIVA 128 chipset and these are the latest drivers I can find for them. If you use these drivers you will lose your control panels from STB. In fact I would suggest that you find your current video drivers (CD, diskette, whatever) before using any of these newer drivers just in case these new drivers cause problems. I would also suggest running an "uninstall" on your current drivers since they may conflict with the newer drivers.

Reactorcritical download (go to RIVA 128 section - v. 3.41):

http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml

To be honest though I wouldn't necessarily think that a driver upgrade would fix the problem that you're running into here. It may be worth a try however.