Does the AI hold reserves?

Use of reserves will no doubt be predicated on the AI plan that the map creator has devised. If the plan includes reserves, they'll be committed according to a timeline based on the plan-creator's assessment of when they'll be needed, I believe, since the only 'triggers' for activity at the moment are time-based. So if you've proceeded faster than the Plan expected, units held back for reserve might well end up not being committed.

I noticed this in the Vierville scenario. The Americans got an engineer platoon as reinforcements, but it had not been assigned to it's own group, but instead was in the A1 group together with some units that were on the map as the scenario started. Unfortunately this group had "exit before" orders timed in the first few minutes of the game, which meant that when the engineers showed up at minute 20, their orders could not be executed -- the time had come and gone -- and therefore would not move.

There were further errors in Plan 1 for group A1. The group was given three consecutive "exit before" orders at 00:30, 01:00 and 03:00 (if memory serves), but then had two more "exit before" orders, both timed at minute 01:00, which doesn't make sense.

I noticed this in the Vierville scenario. The Americans got an engineer platoon as reinforcements, but it had not been assigned to it's own group, but instead was in the A1 group together with some units that were on the map as the scenario started. Unfortunately this group had "exit before" orders timed in the first few minutes of the game, which meant that when the engineers showed up at minute 20, their orders could not be executed -- the time had come and gone -- and therefore would not move.

There were further errors in Plan 1 for group A1. The group was given three consecutive "exit before" orders at 00:30, 01:00 and 03:00 (if memory serves), but then had two more "exit before" orders, both timed at minute 01:00, which doesn't make sense.

I ended up studying this scenario as a way to help understand how scenarios are created in CMBN. I suspect that the intention was to have the engineers in Group 4. There are orders for that group but no one assigned to it. I also think it possible that the American 105s probably should be given support orders in the plan. I don't think they play a useful role otherwise, but I don't know what the designer's intention for those guns might have been.