A labour of love and a work of art.

Being blessed with a little extra time to really get into CM:BN I set up all vehicles and units in the the editor, just to take a closer look at them. What really hit me was that apart from the exceptional visual quality and level of mechanical detail of the vehicles and guns, (almost) every little difference in the models, in the Panther series for example, is portrayed down to (almost) the last detail. The -almost- bit becomes irrelevant because you can clearly see that it has been an all out effort with a lot of hard work put into it. In this context what is missing, if anything, stands out as a beauty mark. As a long(ish) time wargamer (and owner of a complete set of Spielberger/Doyle books) I am profoundly pleased that somewhere out there is someone who is willing to put in overtime with the details that the vast majority of the players will not even know they are missing. This if anything show that Battlefront are the genuine article, pure wargaming gold. This is what dedication to the subject matter is about, this is what elevates the game to art!

And the game play is really shaping up to be of the same standard...

Now, one question that comes to mind, if we extrapolate; in the next big release will we be seeing interiors of the pixeltruppen as well? Where we might, for instance, spot and compare differences in the respective operative methods of American and German surgeons in, say, appendix operations :)

M.

Now, one question that comes to mind, if we extrapolate; in the next big release will we be seeing interiors of the pixeltruppen as well? Where we might, for instance, spot and compare differences in the respective operative methods of American and German surgeons in, say, appendix operations :)

M.

LOL...well said sir.:) It really is a work of art. The more I look into this game, the more my respect for Battlefront grows...and it already was large to begin with.:)

I had fun experimenting with the game last night. I set up a quick battle, large map. Put a battalion of infantry on map and had them march in battle formation over the fields. I was watching the movement, the animations of the troops as they are moving to their battle positions. Looking at them from different angles, different heights and distances, I swore they were real troops moving up to the line. Beautiful stuff!:D