Vehicle Passenger capacity question

While looking at all the goodies while playing the German Panzer Lehr campaign, I noticed that some of the 251/3's have indicators for 5 passengers and some show 6.

In the 3rd battle, you have a couple of 250/1's and some show 5 passenger capacity and some 4.

I couldn't see any way to tell them apart - is there any way to distinguish and do you always just get a mixed bag - or is there a specific ratio of 4-5's or 5-6's in any given group ?

Cheers

Have you checked ho wmany crew are in each vehicle? The 250/1 for example has a total of 6 seats. If there is 1 crew man assigned to the vehicle, you will see 5 passenger slots. If there are 2 crew, you will see 4 passenger slots. I'm fairly sure the number of passengers lots changes dynamically if e.g. the crew count changes due to a crew member being killed. Is it possible you had a bunch of halftracks with 2 crew each, and that some of these have lost one of the crew members along the way?

Ok, I've done some checking and you're right.

It's also tied up with the "gunner stays/gunner goes" issue though - if you have a 251/1 with a gunner that "stays", you can only fit 11 men into it as passengers. If it's a "gunner goes" 251/1, you can fit 12 and one of them mans the gun when aboard.

The question is, then, how can you tell ahead of time which one you're getting when, for eg. purchasing them in a QB ?

As far as I can tell, this applies to 251/3's and 250/1's as well.