God this game is amazing!

Yes, ground conditions do tend to change over time if it's raining a lot and especially if it started off as dry. So you won't be seeing dry ground turn into deep mud after half an hour of light rain, but it might get muddy after an hour of downpour! This is good to take into account especially if it's a longer battle.

Played my first QB last night--my Germans making a probe into a small (bocage) village held by airborne.

At one point, I needed to have a squad make an L shaped maneuver to cross a road and then dart into a building across another road (T-intersection right in front of the building. I popped smoke and got them across the first road. After that, they had bocage on their left, ending at the T intersection. So...

...just as they clear the bocage wall on the left and enter the road an Ami prone down the road drops my lead squaddie. The next two surrender and the rest hi-tail it back down the road with the safety of the bocage wall, now on their right.

It was such a cinematic moment, I was amazed!

This ^^^ I cannot describe how many cinematic moments I've seen thus far. That's the beauty of WeGo replay. The 1:1 modeling brings the pixeltruppen to life.