QB Force problem.

Hey all.

I've been having trouble getting decent QB forces using Auto. I always end up with tons of inf and little armour or lots of armour and no infantry. A look in the manual and it lists options i do not have. To quote the manual...

"QB PURCHASE RESTRICTIONS

The Purchase Screen for Quick Battles differs from the Editor’s in a couple of

significant ways. In the Editor there are no restrictions on how many, or

what types, of units can be purchased. For Quick Battles, there are restrictions

on both, depending on what Options are specified. For example, when

Battle Size Option is set to “Huge”, Combat Force set to “Infantry Only”, and

force Type set to “Light Infantry”, your force will be large and restricted to

nearly pure infantry units. Change Combat Force to “Light Combined” and

some amount of vehicles can be purchased, but the majority of the force will

remain infantry."

Its the part about Light infantry or Light combined. I don't seem to have these options anywhere. Do i have a bum install or is this missing from the game ? I played a QB Mixed force and got 5 panthers and a mortar team...

Any help much appreciated. Sorry for posting this in the first reactions thread, not really the place.

steve

I think the light infantry options will be available in the later modules when light formations such as Airborne and FJs are added.

As for the QB force mixes you see, I believe the AI likes to purchase full formations over individual veichles, which might mean it buys a full platoon of something expensive, like Panthers, and therefore not having many points left for much else. The force selection may be more balanced if you fight bigger battles (just a guess though, since I haven't played any of the larger QBs yet).

You can also try to let the AI choose it's units freely without rarity restrictions and see if that changes the balance between infantry and armor.

Ok thanks guys, at least i know im not missing something. I really enjoy small QB so is a shame they are not coming out balanced on forces with Mix as choice. Although i did get one game with 2 StuGs, a MkIV and a good few infantry in one game so it can happen. Got to wonder why its in the manual if not in game, i would of loved this to be in so is a real shame.

Cheers guys...

steve