@BFC,Panzerschreck ranges

im sure its been mentioned,but,the effective range of the stovepipe seems a little high to me?

afaik the effective range was around 150m

ive played a few games now where im getting them let go at well over 200m,possibly as high as 300m?

as the schreck was pretty much capable of penetrating any US armor(200mm i think),i believe it needs a look at,at some point? if only for the sake of the allied tankers:)

any official comment on this?

havent played much with the Zook yet,so i cant comment on its performance yet,im sure some other players can?

Salute

Thanks to Jeff D for this from a while ago...

“Panzerfaust” by Wolfgang Fleischer indicates maximum “effective” range for Raketenpanzerbuchse 54 & 54/1 as 150 to 180 meters. It also indicates that moving tanks were not to be engaged beyond 120 meters. Infantry targets were sometimes engaged out to an astronomical range of 1000meters (the circumstances of such an extended range engagement are not elaborated upon…presumably a “harassing fire” technique against area targets similar to the M9).

Rune

I know, was supporting him with fact. Effective range however is not maximum range. An act of desperation they could fire longer, but I'd expect tons of misses.

Rune

PS Just reported it as a possible bug to be looked into. If you ahve a save game, send it to me.

sure.im happy that they may fire at any given range

all im saying is,to hit a vehicle at 200m+.the chances should be fairly slim to score a hit

i will say its early days for me playing the game,so,its more of an observation than a complaint.

and as i said,zooks may well be the same,i havent had the chance to use them much yet.

im sure its been mentioned,but,the effective range of the stovepipe seems a little high to me?

afaik the effective range was around 150m

ive played a few games now where im getting them let go at well over 200m,possibly as high as 300m?

<snip>

I've only played the Road to Berlin scenario a couple of times now (getting a feel for the diff between Vetran, Warrior and Elite) and I have noticed that the Germans keep trying to do my Shermans in from 200m plus. So far I'm not worried at all. My tankers have not suffered any ill effects from such fire. So, the Germans can just keep right on shooting away. Now if I were commanding the Germans I'd be telling my guys to wait until those tanks get closer. It seems to me that the weapons are being modeled OK. Perhaps its my disciplined advance that keeps the tanks just out of reach while supporting my infantry.

That AT gun is a whole different matter - where is it this time?

Ya; well, that's kind of the problem. If the AI keeps popping off with Shrecks, Zooks and other Infantry AT weapons at near-maximum range where a hit is unlikely, it makes it rather easy to flush out these weapons, at low risk to your armor.

Road to Berlin may not be the best test bed for this, since the German troops in this scenario are low quality and therefore may be more likely to get nervous and open fire before they really should. I'll reserve judgment as to whether the AI needs tweaking until I've played more extensively with a broader range of troop experience levels.

But ideally, I think better trained and disciplined troops should be smart enough to wait to open up with IAT weapons until they have a decent chance of hitting, without too much micromanagement by the player or the AI.

How long the AI should wait before shooting is probably a bit subjective... Absent a Target order or Cover Arc, I'd say the AI should wait until a range where it has at least a 25% chance of hitting before opening up of its own accord, more or less. The player can always override this with a direct Target order or Cover Arc if they want to attempt a "Hail Mary" shot, or hold fire until a hit is near-certain.

PLaying Barkmans Corner my Schrecks keep firing at 200+ meters. Ive had 3 hits at over 220 meters but mostly misses (3-1).

You can always give your teams short arcs until the Shermans reach a more optimal firing range. However, the way they are scoring now, that range seems to be anything around 200M.