One Query re Quick Battles

One aspect about the Quick Battles setup description in the manual seems unclear at least to me.

If you are selecting a battle v the AI for example is it possible to select Infantry formation for one side and armoured formation for the other---- or does whatever general type of formation you select have to apply to both sides--both will have Infantry or Armoured or Mixed.

In CM1 Im sure the choice was totally open but on reading this much more detailed setup for QBs I felt uncertain re the openness of the situation.

An experienced insight re this would be much appreciated as I am hoping the time for reflecting and wondering will soon be over............

Cant wait to play a Quickbattle. US and german wi use Halftracks (for replenishment) 2 Hours battletime and a huge battle, so I can have Frontlinebattles that lasts to the end. WHOOOO! My German Halftracks full with Infantry Units, will storm the Front. Then they die because of the heavy enemy fire. But, they tried.