Schrullenhaft - I'm a little bit worried about my computer .. what do you think?

I will (hopefully) be running the full version of the game on a laptop that has an AMD Phenom II Quad-Core P960(1.8GHz) and a video card: AMD Radeon HD 6370M

The CPU has a low clock-speed and is optimized for low power consumption. ...

But I was reading that CMx2 doesn't really support multi-core processing.

Am I screwed here!!?? .... or is there something I can do that will make it run nicely??

Correct, CM is not coded for multi-core processors because when we started out they weren't all that common. So it's true that your computer will be chugging along at 1.8 GHz. Honestly, I have no idea if that will be fast enough for you.

The ONLY way (and fortunately the best way ;)) is to download the Demo and give it a shot. If the demo runs to your satisfaction, you're good to go with the full release. Having said that...

You might run into more performance problems with big, or highly dense, battles than other people. CPU speed matters most when a ton of things are going on at the same time in tough terrain. The Demo scenarios were chosen, in part, because they are about average and therefore a good gauge of what the game is like on any particular computer.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

You know what? (and this might help other people debating on upgrading their computers) The laptop with the 1.8 GHz 4-Core processor is scheduled to arrive today from Amazon ... but I'm going to send it back to them.

It's better to run a Dual-Core processor with higher clock speeds and L3 cache for the majority of applications that only require single/dual processors. .... And it was cheaper too! So I'm going with an Intel Core i5-480M(2.66GHz).

But this is my WORK laptop right?? ..... CM:BN had NOTHING to do with this decision! ... Right!!?? :D