Cannot run any 3d games!!!!

Mord

fully Microsoft updated Win98SE

Asrock K7VT2 motherboard, Via KT266A chipset, FSB 200/266, ATA 133

Athlon 2100+ XP Processor Socket462

128MB Dominator FX5600 Plus Graphics Card by Mad Dog Multimedia. Also tried with a Voodoo 5500 with a little more stability atleast for games.

512 DDR 266mhz Ram certified for this board

40gig HD.

SB Live

I had problems earlier with getting the MB to read the CPu but ironed that out.

But I still cannot get either of my video cards to run any games. In game the card will work normally until any bots come into view or I walk to far, then all hell breaks loose and I have absolutely no control. If I manage to get out of the game and back to desktop my mouse pointer starts flying all over the screen and clicking everything insight, opening windows and menus and what not until I hit reset. I am pulling my hair out here.

I have tried two different kinds of ram, both compatible with the MB. The second ram I knew for a fact worked because it was from my old board and I had no problems.

Here are the temp and voltage readouts I just received.

CPU 48 degress C

MB 38 degrees C

Vcore 1.63v

+3.30 3.39v

+5.00 5.3v

+12.00 12.48v

One point about my 512 MB DDR ram is it's being read as 511MB. That is about as much info as I can think to supply. Anybody have any ideas? Where's Shcrullenhaft when you need him?

Mord.

Hi easy.

It ended up being a mouse problem but because of a USB conflict that I can't quite figure out. I had to turn off USB support, atleast the 2.0 USB. I couldn't get a mouse reading in PS2 while I had USb loaded in my Bios. And at the same time I couldn't play any games running the mouse under USB. Very weird.

I DLed the newest Intellimouse drivers but that didn't help either so I just shut down my usb in bios.

The woes of do it yourself upgrading.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...