Win 7 - unhandled win32 exception [4492]

I hope that someone can help me.

The demo will not load on my machine after installation. I get an error message

"CM Normandy Demo.exe has stopped working - windows will notify you if a solution becomes available".

There is a "debug" button with the message. If I press that "debug" button I get the following message:

"An unhandled win32 exception occurred [4492] Just-in-time debugging this exception failed ..."

I cannot understand my bad luck in relation to this. I have the CMx1 games (with their Vista compatible patches) working perfectly on my machine. All of the TOW series working. I also have CMSF with the Brit, Marine and NATO modules on the same machine also working perfectly. I have NEVER had any problems with any BF game previously.

I really hope that someone in the BF community has some helpful suggestions - I have waited a very long time for this demo and all I can currently do is stare at my error messages on my computer and return to this forum to read everyone else's posts about how everyone else appears to be really enjoying the demo.

My machine and system details are as follows:

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Build 7600

3.07 GHz Intel Core i7 950 64 bit (4 multi core)

6.136 Gig RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5800 series

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance.